Thursday, September 18, 2008

Divorce love


Tomorrow September 19th will be my 5 years anniversary of one of my most painful relationships...it is the day of my divorce finalization.

Although, I shouldn't have gotten married to my ex for numerous reasons, the date still reminds me of that dark season. I wanted to be OUT of that relationship without healing and I moved into another unhealthy relationship with my son's father. I was deceived twice in a period of 3 years. I went into shock for survival in my time of dealing with life. My son's birth was my beginning of a new life of understanding. I was able to work out my guilt, pain and heartache thru his birth. I saw my joy in his birth and that I needed to change the way I saw my own existence. But I just recently was able to place my insecurities on this broken relationship onto the altar.
I gather enough strength to honor that relationship thru my relationship with the Lord.
I am not reflecting on that pain which has been washed away by the blood of Jesus. I know that I will have a successful marriage with my future man of God. I am so excited about that day....I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

No comments: